Thursday, December 6, 2012

Christmas Dining Room

The sun is shining bright here today so I thought I would share some photos of my dining room all decorated for Christmas. Our farmhouse is very simple and very rustic and that is the way that I like my decorating to be also. I recently found some really great and inexpensive items that I just couldn't wait to use this Christmas.



This galvanized bucket that I bought for $2 is one of them. The tree is a hand me down and the homespun fabric was less than $3 at the thrift store.


This long box is a $2 estate sale find, it was built to be a tool box but with some pine boughs and mason jars holding candles inside of it it becomes the perfect centerpiece.


I love decorating but I also love the challenge of not spending very much and still achieving the look you want.


Almost everything on these shelves is from the flea market, the thrift store or an estate sale, except the fly screens (I just bought those at Moon River Chattel in Brooklyn, go there if you can!).


                        I was very excited to find the tiny cipres tree at Big Lots for $4.







Thanks for stopping by, I hope you have a wonderful day!

6 comments:

  1. Girl your decorating style makes my heart sing! Someday, when I'm grown up maybe I'll finally have a setting similar to your. Nor now I'm just going to continue to fake it. LOL.

    The Christmas touches to your dinning room are perfection, as always. I love the tiny trees, the bucket and the box filled with lovely items for your centerpiece.

    It seems you have very good luck at estate sales. I to like to spend as little as possible for items at sales. Spending over fifteen on a single item is big time stuff for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dining room looks so beautiful. I love so many things about it that it's hard to pinpoint a favorite. :-) I've really loving all your wooden crates though... I love them in all sizes and shapes and your long box makes a perfect centerpiece!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I love your Christmas home.

    So happy to have found you. A new follower from Tennessee.

    Merry Christmas and God bless, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your fresh, clean farmhouse look. It is wonderful for Christmas but I think it also could be lovely for all winter with the evergreen, ironstone and silver. I am pinning to my "Winter Wonders" board! I am also trying to become a follower but for some reason I am having trouble signing in but I will keep trying. I am following you on pinterest now! Stop by my blog for a visit some time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE everything!!! just perfect!

    ReplyDelete